Anti-Wrinkle Injection (onabotulinumtoxinA)
Anti-wrinkle injections are a prescription medication injected into the muscle and used to improve the appearance of moderate to severe lines between the eyebrows (frow lines) in people 18 to 65 years of age over some time.
OnabotulinumtoxinA injection (Botox Cosmetic) is used to temporarily lighten crow’s feet (wrinkles near the outer corners of the eyes) in adults.OnabotulinumtoxinA is used in cosmetic applications to temporarily improve the appearance of deep facial wrinkles or lines between the eyebrows (frown lines), forehead lines, and crow’s feet around the eyes (lateral canthal lines).
- Anti-wrinkle injections relax some of the facial muscles that cause wrinkles.
- It can be used on eyebrows, crow’s feet, and forehead wrinkles.
- They can also relax certain muscles to lift the eyebrows and reduce gummy smiles and prevent the downward pull of the mouth and neck muscles.
- They take effect in 7 to 14 days and last 3 to 4 months.
- Anti-wrinkle injections can be used in combination with fillers to help treat static and dynamic wrinkles.
OnabotulinumtoxinA is a product based on botulinum toxin A.It acts on the nervous system to relax the muscles.OnabotulinumtoxinA is injected into the affected muscles.Depending on your condition, several treatments may be necessary.